Young people are prone to taking risks and making mistakes that lead to encounters with law enforcement. For a college student or any person under 21, a criminal conviction at any level can have a serious impact on educational status, future prospects, driving privileges and much more. As an accused minor or concerned parent, it is crucial to consider all potential consequences of any arrest or citation.
I am Geoffrey W. Hosford, a long-standing Wilmington attorney focused exclusively on criminal defense. If you need caring, reliable counsel to deal as effectively as possible with a legal problem, you can turn to me with confidence in my knowledge of the courts, viable defense and negotiating strategies, and all of your legal options.
What Are The Allegations Against You?
My clients include many students at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, area community colleges and other schools, as well as young people arrested while visiting. I am prepared to deal promptly and decisively with charges such as:
- Underage driving while impaired (DWI), a charge that may be filed against a person under 21 for having any measurable amount of alcohol in his or her system
- DWI charges that subject the accused to adult sentencing if a blood alcohol content over .08 percent is alleged or other aggravating factors apply
- Other serious vehicular and traffic offenses such as reckless driving
- Minor consumption of alcohol, providing alcohol to other underage people, possession of a fake ID or other such charges
- Marijuana possession and other drug crimes
- Shoplifting and other forms of theft and property crimes
- Assault or another alleged violent offense
Speak Directly With A Lawyer: 910-726-3199 Or 800-763-0939 (Toll Free)
I consistently take the time to understand my clients' individual concerns and explore all options for protecting their futures. My law practice is built on open, active communication and the proven ability to win at trial when necessary.
If you need to consult a defense attorney for student crimes in the Wilmington area, I encourage you to call or email me now and schedule your free initial consultation. Parents residing outside the Wilmington area appreciate my ready availability by phone and email, and my firm accepts credit card payments for all services.